Unified Learning For Education
For more than a dozen years, iCohere has provided technology support to education-related organizations that set standards for accreditation, curriculum development, and teacher training. These include the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Learning Forward (formerly NSDC), and the Association for Professional Recognition (the CDA Council).
Why this strong alignment with education? Perhaps because education industry associations and nonprofits recognized the need for virtual collaboration and online professional development earlier than others. Perhaps because our CEO and co-founder has been an educator – as a university dean, professor, and school board member – for over three decades.
Whatever the reason, iCohere has found itself at the forefront of fundamental changes in the way training and education are being delivered worldwide. Here are some recent statistics:
- More than 77% of American corporations use eLearning as part of their training plans (up from 4% in 1995).
- In 2011, an estimated $35.6 billion was spent on self-paced eLearning across the globe. Today, eLearning is a $56.2 billion industry and it's estimated to double by next year.
- Organizations save at least 50% when they replace traditional instructor-based training with self-paced, online learning.
- eLearning cuts down instruction time by up to 60%, while knowledge retention rates increase by 25% to 60%.
- eLearning is eco-friendly. Britain's Open University has found that eLearning consumes 90% less energy than traditional courses. The amount of CO2 emissions (per student) is reduced by up to 85%.
These impressive statistics clearly demonstrate that certain kinds of training can be delivered very effectively through self-paced courses.
But not all professional development – and certainly not all education – lends itself to pre-programmed packaging. Indeed, as every educator knows: different content and different learning styles require different teaching methods and delivery options.
For that reason, iCohere’s Learning Management System supports our clients in Education with the ability to deliver instructor-led courses, blended courses, and flipped learning courses, in addition to self-paced courses. Our platform also includes everything needed to support professional learning communities.
Discover how easy it can be for you to join other educational organizations in benefiting from the unfolding opportunities of the eLearning revolution. One price creates a Unified Learning Experience. See our pricing options or call 888-256-4343 option 3 for iCohere sales.
The Parthenon. The Mona Lisa. The pyramids of Giza. The opening of Beethoven’s 5th Symphony – all are varied expressions of the Golden Ratio held in the Nautilus.
To the human eye and ear, The Golden Ratio evokes the experience of elegance, beauty and sufficiency.
iCohere’s Unified Learning System everything that’s needed to deliver elegant learning experiences.